Click here to visit their Facebook page
Archive for the ‘Services’ Category
Thank you to Ashbourne Community Transport for sending us this information following their visit to Parwich Parish Council’s January meeting:
Click here to visit their Facebook page
Also, here’s the latest weather situation regarding services, including updates about bin collections and the four leisure centres.
Waste & recycling plan for Saturday 24 January
Our crews will once again be working on Saturday this week to catch up on missed waste and recycling collections caused by this week’s adverse weather.
Snow meant we missed the vast majority of Wednesday’s scheduled collections (around 6,000 homes in total), so we need the extra day to catch up having tried also to keep on top of regular rounds.
If we haven’t yet collected your domestic (black sack/grey bin) waste, or your recycling (blue bags/blue bin) please leave out your containers and we will aim to be back tomorrow, subject to road conditions.
Please note also:
* Today’s usual Friday domestic (black sack/grey bin) collections have been completed to schedule.
* Tomorrow our domestic collection crews will focus on missed Wednesday rounds.
* Missed recycling collections are a mixture of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday scheduled rounds, and our aim is to complete the recycling catchup tomorrow, so please leave out bins/bags
As always, your patience and understanding is appreciated.
Leave your Grey bin and food caddy out as they should be collected tomorrow or Saturday:
Waste & recycling plan for Friday 23 January
Some headlines regarding this week’s snow-affected waste and recycling collections:
* Today’s usual Thursday domestic collections have been completed to schedule.
* Most of Wednesday’s domestic collections remain outstanding. Please leave out bins/bags – the aim is to complete these collections tomorrow and Saturday.
* Tomorrow our domestic collection crews will focus on scheduled Friday rounds.
* This week’s scheduled recycling collections continue to be late in some areas. A mix of Wednesday catch-ups and scheduled Thursday recycling collections happened today, but some collections are still outstanding from both days. Again, the aim will be to catch up tomorrow and Saturday, while also factoring in scheduled Friday recycling rounds.
The weather forecast suggests we will be able to complete the catch up by end of play on Saturday – so please leave out your bins and bags if we haven’t yet got to you.
As always, your patience is appreciated.
The snow overnight on Tuesday into Wednesday meant that many rounds were unsafe and inaccessible for our waste and recycling crews today.
The only scheduled Wednesday domestic waste collections made were on the main road at Fenny Bentley, which meant other scheduled collections in and around this area, including Parwich, Tissington and Hartington, and other Dales villages in and near Winster, Youlgrave, Elton, Birchover and the Carsington, Hognaston and Kniveton area were not attempted.
The Met Office Yellow Warning for ice overnight means we are unlikely to be able to revisit these areas tomorrow (Thursday), as side roads could be even more treacherous, but please leave out bins and bags. Our domestic waste crews will instead concentrate on regular Thursday rounds in the south of the district and return to Wednesday’s scheduled collections when it is fit to do so.
We managed around a quarter of our usual Wednesday recycling collections in and around Matlock today, but high areas were difficult to access. The plan is to return to these areas tomorrow, but to move on to regular Thursday recycling rounds if they remain inaccessible.
Once again, the message to all this week’s scheduled Wednesday and Thursday recycling collection properties is to please leave out your bins and bags for collection.
If necessary, our crews will once again work on Saturday to enable a catch up of all this week’s scheduled collections.
Can anyone recommend a local solicitor for house conveyancing please?
Sue has now found a solicitor