Archive for February, 2012
Almost 50 motorists have been stopped for not wearing a seatbelt or for using their mobile phone while driving following a road safety check in Ashbourne.
They were found during the latest Operation Safedrive day, a partnership campaign to ensure drivers are road safe and legal.
The checks place on Friday, February 17 at Ashbourne Fire Station on Park Road, thanks to the support of Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service, who are the lead on road safety.
During the checks the team, which included police officers and PCSOs from both CREST (Casualty Reduction and Enforcement Support Team) and the areas local Safer Neighbourhood policing teams, issued a mixture of warnings and fixed penalty notices to:
• 44 drivers for seatbelt offences
• 14 for driving while using a mobile phone
• 11 people for driving vehicles with tyre defects
• 2 motorists were asked to remove their vehicles window tinting because it was found to be below legal visibility levels.
• 1 for number plate offences
• 1 motorist for their manner of driving (more…)
All friends and neighbours of Don and Audrey Higgins are invited to a small gathering at the Legion, tomorrow night, Tuesday February 28th at 8pm, everyone is welcome to join us in wishing them well for the future.