This group is not currently active – These pages were last updated 19th Oct 2009.
Parwich Village Action Group – Environment
Our protecting and maintaining our environment was the highest priority in our surveys (93% in 2000 and 80% in 2003). The following was included in the 2004 Management Plan:
- Protect and maintain the green and open spaces in and around the village
- Protect village heritage and lifestyle
- Identify and promote specific improvements to enhance the village environment
- Produce a statement of what is valued (including locations and photographs), to be lodged with planners.
- Continue work on the already identified projects (ie. further benches in the village, restore Staines Trough and improve the diversity of wild plants on the verges and ‘waste’ ground).
- Identify other specific projects to improve the environment and instigate grant applications for them in conjunction with the Parish Council and others.
To some extent the Environment Sub-Group suffered from it’s success in that funding became available for a number of projects including the work on the various springs and the churchyard, which meant that group members were too busy on completing grant applications and managing these projects.
There is still the need for a statement of what we value as highlighted by the 2008 Parwich Conservation Area Appraisal. The Peak District National Park would be keen in developing with us a Parwich Conservation Area Management Plan, which is important if we are to have input into the policies behind planning decisions in Parwich.
The Environment Sub-Group needs new members willing to take an active role.
Do add your thoughts and comments below. Anyone wanting to be involved in the work of the Environment Sub-Group contact Peter Trewhitt or email email@example.com clearly indicating the email is for forwarding to the Village Action Group.