Children’s Friday Football: Now that the nights have closed in on us, we are now having to play football on the hardcourt area under the spotlights. To avoid confusion we will maintain the newer times of 17.30hrs meet-up at the hard courts – 18.40hrs finish
This will mean some small changes for the children:
- Please do not wear football boots.., trainers should now be worn.
- The courts will be cleaned next week, but this week they may be a little slippery, take extra care (evening frosts may also make the courts slippery).
- It would be better if the children wear tracksuit bottoms and gloves in case they fall over, this will also help keep them warmer.
- Can you ensure your children bring a drink of water.
- The Cricket Pavilion will be open for parents and children who don’t wish to play (or get too cold).
(does anyone have a spare fan heater that they don’t need any longer, that we could use at the Pavilion?)
We will continue with Friday Football into the winter months, for as long as possible, and whilst children wish to continue playing.
Football for Adults: This has been a bit of a slow burn, we are struggling to maintain enough regular players each week. We will STOP the adult football for now and perhaps relaunch in early 2017. Would a Tuesday night be any better?
Christmas Day Football – All Welcome!….. This has now become part of the Parwich tradition. For those who are not aware, for the last two years we have held a football match on Christmas Day. However, it feels more like a cross between rugby and football and is great fun!. We plan to do this again this year. I will discuss with ‘Carl-os de Messi’ at the legion and post a further blog with times and venue. From my short memory, last year it ran from 11am-12ish on Christmas Day.